Elopements are equally as meaningful, emotional and stylish as a big wedding celebration is! Jeroen & Mirian are passionate about traveling the world. And to decide on a elopement ceremony was a no brainer for them.
Two explorer souls come together and magic happens, but an elopement like this one requires detailed planning and timeline. To get married on Castillo San Cristobal in Puerto Rico, couples are required to purchase a National Parks permit since not only photography will be taken on federal property, but security and supervision is required. The permit involves a 2 to 3 hour period; a schedule devided to plan for set up time, ceremony execution, breakdown and the couple’s photoshoot. Its definetly an adrenaline rush for the vendors.
Jeroen & Mirian also had an amazing style!! They really followed the recommendations for their photo team and design team to achieve the look and feel of the elopement story; from attire and accesories suggestions, to colors and florals.
An elopement timelines consists of the following stages:
- Bridal Makeup & Hair Styling in the morning
- Photo documentation of the couple getting ready on a hotel room – We planned to start the pictures of Jeroen and Mirian writing their own vows and getting dressed. At a specific moment, photo team moved the groom for a private photo session in the hotel outside block so the bride could get properly dressed.
- Bride & Groom First Look – Seeing each other for the first time in a private moment before the I Dos.
- Couples Photoshoot – We had around 45 minutes of couples photoshoot around Old San Juan, walking towards the ceremony site in Castillo San Cristobal. In the meantime, floral vendor was setting up on the cermony area and the officiant arrived to location.
- Oficial Ceremony – Officiant takes over and celebrate their legal marriage (Music is also playing in the background)
- Last Photo Session – After marriage liscence is signed and sealed, we took some extra photos of the couple with the nerves out of the way to wrap up the experience.
- Dinner Reservations – Of course, they celebrated with a private and romantic dinner
No matter how intimate or simple you want your elopement to be, if you want to make it memorable and have every single detailed under control for a perfect execution and beautiful documentation, make sure you hire the correct team full of knowledge.
Tatiana – Mia Eventos